When it comes to the realm of the internet, Google is probably the first name that would come into the mind of most people. In just a decade, this giant search engine company has totally dominated the market and is currently serving people at every corner of the world. Well, when everyone thought that nothing better could be done, Google launched its own web browser named as Chrome and the rest is history.
Launched in the year 2008, Chrome took the browsing world by storm and in just a few years it has beaten all other browsers. What made Chrome so popular is the plethora of features that make this browser super-friendly and safe to use. When it comes to speed and security, nothing can beat Google Chrome and that is for sure.
There is no doubt that Google Chrome is the most prominent browser in the world. However, users often face various difficulties that hinder them from using this simple yet brilliant browser. Here, we will be discussing the issues that are most common and will also be providing effective steps that you can take to get rid of these issues. So let us get started.
Google Chrome Not Working
The first and the most common issue faced by the users is the Chrome browser not working. This can be really annoying when you are in the middle of something and suddenly the browser stops working. Not only this result in loss of time also there a high chance of losing valuable information too. Below are the important tips that you can follow to fix this issue:
- Firstly, If your chrome browser is not working, then the first thing that you should do is check whether the browser is up to date or not. If not, then update the browser quickly.
- Secondly, check chrome’s task manager to get the information of all the tabs that are being used currently. After that, delete all the tabs that are not working.
- Often, we end up opening too many tabs while using the browser. Using too many tabs can slow down the performance of the browser or even make it stop working. Therefore, it is better to use 10-15 tabs at a maximum.
- Fourthly, delete all the cache and other browser data from time to time.
- Fifthly, check whether your computer is not under any malware attack.
- Lastly, if all the above-mentioned tips do not work, then you can contact Google Chrome Customer Service.
How to Stop Ads in Google Chrome
The Internet is far more beyond than just a platform to acquire information. As it is a medium that interconnects billions of people, many people see it as a great platform to promote their business too. Today, within just the minute of opening the browser we find our screen stuffed with numerous online ads mostly in the form of pop-ups that really annoy us. Be it a social media platform, a blog site, or any app, online ads will certainly not stop chasing you. Fortunately, there are certain ways that you can undertake to get rid of this annoying and recurring issue.
How to stop pop-up in Chrome
Firstly, let us discuss the ways that can help you to stop pop-ups In Chrome. So, have a look.
- Open the three dot button that appears on the right-hand corner of the top of the browser.
- Click on the “setting” menu on the down.
- Scroll down and click the “Advanced button.
- Click “Content” and select pop-up and redirect in the down menu.
- The final step is to turn on “blocked” and you can include Whitelisted URLs if needed.
The built-in pop-up blocker of the Chrome is well enough to get rid most of the ad issue. However, if you are not satisfied with it, then you can further use any blocker app that can help you get completely rid of pop-up ads and as well as other ad formats too.
How to clear browsing history in Chrome
Google Chrome is an excellent web browser when it comes to storing history and cache. Well, many people like to clear their browsing history for their privacy concerns. Keeping that thing in mind, Google Chrome has provided a way for this. Therefore, to clear your browsing history, you need to follow these steps:
- Select the three dot button given in the top of the Chrome browser
- Go to “ More Tools”
- Click to “ clear browsing data”
- Then set the time range that you want and then click on the “clear data” button.
Google Chrome Help
Being the most popular browser in the world, Google has made Chrome considering the users very well in their mind. All the issues mentioned above are among the most common issues that users face. However, users may face different issues while using the browser. For that, the users can easily contact the Google chrome customer support team who provide 24*7 available technical assistance.